Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Stitches

I am not a huge fan of anything hospital related, funny since Blake is going to be a doctor. But I don’t do well with blood, wounds and certainly not stitches. Something about them makes me really queasy. Even researching a bit for this blog made me look away from the computer screen a few times. I just wanted a basic definition NOT photos. And I definitely didn’t want to click on Google Images when I typed “stitches” in the search bar…

I get chills just thinking about that!



Anyways, my Mom got her stitches out yesterday. She had 13 in all from her wrist to her hand. She received the report that she is healing fine. The nurse and doctor said everything looked in order and she was doing great. Continue to pray for her healing and recovery especially since we are about to undergo the knee surgery in about 12 days.

So after avoiding several nasty photos I found out that the actual medical term for stitches is a surgical suture, which is a medical device, used to hold body tissues together after an injury or surgery. And the word suture actually means “join.”

I think if you were to have a literal picture of my heart it would be covered with stitches. I have had my fair share of heartbreak over the course of my 30 little years that required spiritual sutures. My heart has broken over relationships, friendships, family struggles, personal dreams, etc... Over and over, I, like many of you, have found myself broken in pieces having to pick up my heart from the floor and figure out how to piece it back together.

Luckily we don’t have to stitch up our own heart. The Great Physician, the Jehovah-Rophe (The Lord Who Heals) does that for us.

Psalm 147:3 (New International Version)
3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds
If Christmas is a hard time for you because it reopens past wounds or you currently are struggling with a new seeping wound, just remember this-The same tiny baby laying in a manager surrounded by baying animals and barnyard stench is the same All-Mighty, All-Powerful, Jehovah who can bind those wounds up with his healing hand.

I get chills just thinking about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment