Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Right Hand

I have a few prayer requests today before I get started posting. Specifically right now Blake is in the middle of his US Medical Exams-part I (aka the boards). It is a 7 hour test covering his first two years of med school. He is taking it in Mobile, AL and went in around 9am to begin. I won't hear from him until he is done. Keep him in your prayers if you happen to read my blog today. If you are reading and it's after the fact-pray for the results! He gets them probably in about a month or so.

My Mom has an update on her progress that I wanted to share with all of you. Please keep these as major prayer requests as we head into what is almost 6 months from the accident. She went to see her neurosurgeon last week who said that her healing is coming along nicely. She currently can bend her left arm at the elbow but not raise it above her head. Continue to request this in prayer. We know it will come back but we need to really cover that arm in prayer. Time is definitely all it will take but I would love for her to be able to move it more freely before the end of summer!

She also went to see the orthopedic last week for her right hand/wrist. Her wrist has healed perfectly but her fingers however are not doing as good. She continues to struggle on stretching those 3 fingers (middle finger, ring finger and pinky) out properly. She will have to wear a splint for an hour a day for each finger in order to get those little digits to work properly.

So this got me thinking how often just the right hand is mentioned in the Bible. If you have ever felt like the Bible isn't life applicable, think again. I did a search on biblegateway.com and found 136 verses that pertained to the right hand!


This one is my favorite and it will be my verse, my battle cry and my song to God for my Mom's continued healing.
Psalm 16:8 (New International Version)

8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

How can we even be scared when the creator of the world and my entire being is at our right hand? Even if that right hand may be a bit crippled at this moment he is still there guarding us and protecting us.

How can we be alone or fearful when he is there with us at the very place of our pain?
Psalm 73:23 (New International Version)

23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.

How can we be worried when he stands ready to crush those that persecute us?

Psalm 110:5 (New International Version)

5 The Lord is at your right hand;
he will crush kings on the day of his wrath.

And although I know this verse is personifying wisdom I like to think it is also a verse just for my Mom right now and is a promise to her complete and total healing!

Proverbs 3:16 (New International Version)

16 Long life is in her right hand;
in her left hand are riches and honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment