Friday, February 13, 2009

Beloved


So this may be one of the more racier photos of my parents! This was one Christmas morning and you have to ignore my Mom's perm because I am sure we are living in the heart of the 1980's. Besides the perm, this photo exemplifies what I see every weekend when I go home...LOVE! My parents love each other. They have been married for 41 years and I don't think their love has died down a single day during this time.

I thought it only fitting to share a little bit about their love for each other on Valentine's weekend. Here are some things I know about my parents just by observation. They aren't afraid to show affection for each other with little kisses, hugs, hand holding or looks across the room. They are always laughing with one another. They compliment each other on a regular basis and say I love you daily. They pray together every night and have a quiet time together on a regular basis. And tomorrow night Dad made reservations at Mom's favorite place-Starbucks! The Starbucks in Conyers is switching to an actual service style restaurant for Valentine's day and Dad is taking her there.

One of the most romantic things I know is that Mom puts love notes in my Dad's lunch. She did this for me and my sister too. She would write a little note that said she was proud of us or she loved us and drop in a few peppermints too. This is something we are looking forward too when her right hand gets better. Dad loves Mom's handwriting and constantly talks about how beautiful it is. Now that she has her cast off she can begin to start writing again. My Poppie turned 90 yesterday and she was able to sign her name on his card for the first time since the accident.

Its all these little things that are a living example of the love God has for us. In Song of Solomon we get to spy on a couple very much in love. They are wooing each other and romancing each other to draw into a more intimate relationship together. It is still a picture of what God desires of us. To be so connected to us and he is so interested in our lives that he wants to know all about us. How lucky I am to see this lived out in my parent's relationship.

Song of Solomon 6:3 (New King James Version)

3 I am my beloved’s,
And my beloved is mine.

This verse paints a picture of Mom and Dad but also of God and his children. How lucky I am to have a Savior who desires the same thing for me and my relationship with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment