Monday, February 9, 2009

From my Dad!

My Dad wanted me to post something on his behalf. Before I post, I need to correct what I wrote below. Mom's surgery is actually WEDNESDAY, February 11th. Please keep her in your prayers. She will have her surgery at 1pm in Athens at her Orthopedics's office.

They will remove the pins in her wrist and stretch out her fingers so that she can begin working on the right hand/arm movement. Which is a nice segue for what Dad wanted me to post. While my Mom's hand is being operated on and "stretched out" we are grateful for the way others have "stretched out" their own hands to us.

From my Dad:
In my quiet time I read a quote by Charles Spurgeon where he said, "In shunning a trial you are seeking to avoid a blessing." So I embraced the trial and have experienced the blessing--The love of the body of Christ. The most tangible proof of an invisible God is when the body of Christ raises up and ministers one to another. I have experienced from my church (First Baptist Covington), my former church (FBC Atlanta), friends, family, Co-workers and numerous prayers being lifted on our account.

Phillip Yancy in his little book When Life Hurts said, "The best answers to the questions raised when life hurts are found in Christ's body, the church. By ministering to those who suffer, we let God's comfort overflow through us. In doing so, we let the world know what God is really like."

John 13:34-35 (New International Version)

34"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.

-Michael Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment