Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thank You

Thank you all for your prayers yesterday. Mom's surgery went well. I was able to talk to her around 3:30 or so as she was coming out of recovery. She no longer has a cast on her right arm and will wear a bandage over the wound for a week or so and then we can move to a band aid! They made a splint for her to wear at night for her fingers so that they remain stretched out as she sleeps.

Just one of the many milestones in our journey to healing. It's amazing to see that God's promises are being lived out daily in my life and my parents life and even in your lives as you journey with us.

Psalm 30:2 (New International Version)

2 O LORD my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.

Continue to pray for her this week as she recovers from the surgery. I am sure she will be in pain. She will begin working with a hand therapist to regain control and movement in that arm. The sooner that arm heals the faster she can return to caring for herself and finally feeling somewhat normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment