Monday, March 16, 2009

Cheer Up!



Well despite the stormy weather this weekend, I ran my 5k. It was rainy and nasty the whole time but considering it was a Perseverance 5k I didn't feel quite right staying in bed and skipping it! Mom and Dad decided not to make the drive over to Alabama. I am glad because I want them both to be 100% before they try to tackle a trip like that. I have a race in a month that is longer-15K-and I am thinking by then they will feel better. I made this shirt for my Mom but I wore my poncho the whole time. Needless to say this shirt will make an appearance again. However, I am not sure crafts are my hidden talent!

It seems like the weather predicts my mood lately. I was kindof down and gloomy the week it snowed and then spring sprung. I am overlooking the rainy weekend for this metaphor though. I have wallowed in my self pity for long enough and now it is time to press on. I think the emotions of the past 4 months catch up with me at certain times. Parents accident, job change, car troubles, family drama, etc... so when I sometimes stop and allow myself to think about all we have been through a sense of doubt sweeps over me rather than a sense of peace and calm.

Mom is doing great! She continues to get better and with a little more therapy I think we are almost at the finish line. I need to remind myself of all that we have been through and how far we have come. We can only credit that to God and his everlasting mercy and faithfulness.

Yesterday in church, we studied Mark 10:46-52
Mark 10:46-52 (New International Version)

Blind Bartimaeus Receives His Sight
46Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (that is, the Son of Timaeus), was sitting by the roadside begging. 47When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

48Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

49Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." So they called to the blind man, "Cheer up! On your feet! He's calling you." 50Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus.

51"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.
The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see."

52"Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

I think my favorite verse is verse 49 (it's bolded). Here is a blind man calling out to Jesus for mercy and the disciples simply say to him-Cheer up, On your feet, He is calling you! What a wonderful picture for us. As I sit in my darkness, my despair, my emotional blindness crying out to God...there He is calling out to me. I must stop my noisy crying and instead-Cheer up, get on my feet and hear His call!

I want to see what Jesus has in store for me and my family and luckily we know that Jesus restores sight to the blind! I must Cheer up...He is calling me!

No comments:

Post a Comment