Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowed In with my Parents and Birds!



I was able to get snowed in this weekend with my parents! It actually was a lot of fun. Mom and I were pretty lazy all weekend but I am so impressed with her movement and the ability to use her arms. She has really improved so much. Each time I see her, she is getting better. I brought her some really nice nightgowns so she didn't have to worry about pulling her pants up and down during the day. So if you visit Mom she may be minus pants!

Anyways-it started snowing around noon on Sunday and did not stop until about 8pm. Needless to say, I stayed over one more day. I probably didn't seem as happy as I was. I just tend to worry about little things. Getting to work on time, driving in the snow, trying to unpack, when can I see Blake, when can I work out, or who can check on Kitty Lynn. Just the silly small things.

As I type this, once again God is speaking to me. Birds were a common theme of our weekend. We did nothing but watch the birds move around in the snow. I don't know how well you can see the birds on the ground in that picture above but all they did all day was eat the birdseed. God provided for those "Southern" birds in the midst of a rare snowstorm. They ate to their hearts content and a few squirrels got fed as well.

And here I am complaining about my surroundings. I am all wrapped up in a new job, money and relationship worry and right before my eyes God is showing me his promise. These little creatures were being cared and provided for and didn't have a worry at all. Just like Jesus promised-

Matthew 6:25-27 (New International Version)

Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?

We also watched To Kill a Mockingbird when the cable went out and I am always in love with Gregory Peck by the end of the movie, as well as, the characters Scout, Jem and most of all Boo Radley! And of course the story and book, in general, by Harper Lee. I am not sure how the two connect outside of Birds really but the picture of meekness, humility, morality, and innocence is really something that should be admired. I think it reminds me to find the good in everything and everyone and to never "kill" a mockingbird. Never quench those things in life that are only meant to sing their heart out for you!

If you happen to get "snowed in" (whether that be with actual snow or worry)-stop and consider the birds of the air-they don't worry about the little things and are still cared for by the same God that cares for you. And look for the beauty in things-the people around you, the nature, the opportunities that are meant to simply be there to sing their heart out just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment