Monday, January 12, 2009

Prayer Request-Monday

Hey All
My Mom was in some pain last night and this morning. It seems like she had an 101 fever so my Dad took her to see her family practice doctor in Conyers. My friend Sameera's parents run the practice. I love the Kassam family for many reasons.

Pray that Mom does not come down with pneumonia which is common in patients who have to be inactive. We have been getting her to walk around each day and try and move as much as possible. I will get Blake to fully give me a medical update because he knows more than I do about all that. Sorry Blake if I don't explain it correctly-I'll do better next time!

They gave her an inhaler to make sure she works on her breathing and takes large enough breaths so that nothing gets down in her chest and lung area and they put her on some antibiotics. She goes back to Athens to see her neurosurgeon so we are going to check on all that tomorrow. Pray for their travel safety to Athens.

Pray also for her eyes. She tends to get a painful burning irritation in her eyes. We don't know if it's a nerve reaction or an allergic reaction. It has happened only since the neck surgery so we want to know what the cause of that is. I know it is frustrating for her to have to ask us to wipe her eyes or put a cold rag on them while they burn so if that one annoyance can subside we would all be grateful.

Pray for my Dad-this is his first week back to work. We want him to take it easy. If you see him in Covington-tell him to take a nap and rest. Or better yet, ask him if he has on his soft back brace! Dad are you wearing that?

Pray for my grandmother, Mimi, while she cares for Mom this week as well

No comments:

Post a Comment