Thursday, January 22, 2009

White As Snow

We don’t get the pretty snow in Alabama. We get flurries with really really cold temperatures and crazy weather men that tell us to get milk and bread and hunker down for the blizzard of ’09! Then you wake up the next day only to discover that it’s just cold and you have to go to work.

North Carolina, on the other hand, has snow and a lot of it. Amy sent photos of the snow from this Tuesday. She said they got over 4 inches and it was the pretty snow. The picture postcard snow.





Snow is one of those things that fascinate me. We rarely see it, so it’s like this magical sparkly gift from heaven. It covers cars, houses, roads, buildings, yards, and makes everything look beautiful and clean. Maybe instead of covering everything it really hides the ugly scratched up cars, houses that need a fresh coat of paint, unsightly buildings, dry, dead front yards. It reminds me that my Creator created something as beautiful and pristine as the snow and that He also is my Savoir who “washed me white as snow.”

I sometimes want to stop and ask God why he has allowed this to happen to my family. Why my Mom had to suffer more injuries on top of other health issues that she deals with? Why my family had to have one more set back occur? But then even though my God allows me to ask the questions, I realize I don’t need to. He already gave me the greatest gift by washing me “white as snow” and overlooking all my ugly bruises and dry, dead spots. All I can do is praise Him and allow Him to be glorified no matter what happens in my life.

Isaiah 1:18 (New International Version)

18 "Come now, let us reason together,"
says the LORD.
"Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment