Thursday, January 8, 2009

Prayer Request

Here are some updated prayer requests for my family

Dad-his first doctor's appointment went well yesterday. He has some bone loss but that is to be expected with his injury and he has had the go-ahead to return to work. Of course he needs to return at his own pace. He will start back on Monday but take it as slow as possible. Pray that he will ease back into a normal daily routine and that he will listen to his body and rest when he needs to rest.

Mom-she is home! I think her good spirits have helped Dad. She is having swelling in her fingers on the right arm (cast w/ broken wrist). Pray this pain subsides and that it continues to heal rapidly so we can have at least one working arm. Continued prayer for the left arm and its return to full mobility and movement. Of course all the other areas-tenderness on her neck where they removed the 21 staples after her C3-C6 surgery. Healing for those vertebrae. The wound on her leg that was cut from the seatbelt. She had 4 staples and later we found out one extra staple actually in the wound where the first hospital botched up. The staples are now out-all of them-but we want that area to heal properly.

Occupational Therapist-Working on finding an OT nurse to come 2 or 3 times a week to work with Mom's arm. Pray that God places exactly the right person into our home and that we can also be an encouragement to them.

Mimi-My grandmother is coming today to help Mom with everyday chores. Pray she is in excellent health and that she is able to help Mom.

Sleeping arrangements-My parents have one of those beds that is crazy high. A step stool was required before the accident. Needless to say, the only person sleeping on this bed now is Blake when he comes home with me on the weekends. The guest bed is a double and Dad has been sleeping on that, however Mom requires lots of pillows to prop her arms and neck etc.. so that doesn't allow for a lot of room. Dad is having to sleep on the squeaky twin day bed now and I can't imagine it's comfortable with a back injury. It was my bed all through high school and when I am there on the weekends and I wake up with a back ache.. We just need to make sure we are able to find proper sleeping arrangements-whether that is buying a new frame, renting a hospital bed, etc..

Personally-I am tired and worn out. I feel like I truly have not rested in quite some time. Pray for traveling safety every weekend as I go back and forth on I-20 and pray I continue to rest and really take care of myself during the week when I am in Alabama.

James 5:16 (New International Version)

16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment