Thursday, January 29, 2009

Prayer Request

I know the power of prayer first hand just because I am surrounded by so many of you who faithfully pray for my parents and have been since this whole ordeal started. I am encouraged by your constant emails, comments on this blog, phone calls, actual cards to Mom and Dad and personal conversations. Your prayers are the hands and feet of God in our lives.

I am blown away by the acts of love you have shown through the food still being brought in even though it is almost 2 months later. And not to even mention the monetary gifts that have been sent to me for my travel expenses and also to my parents.

Since I value your prayers I would like to offer some specifics for us..

Mom-She is constantly improving. I was greatly encouraged last weekend when I saw her. She has more movement in that left arm when it is propped up. She can't lift it herself but once she has it on a pillow in front of her she is able to raise it more than she could when she first got home. She has had some difficulty sleeping at night and I know one restful night would do wonders for her. Continue to pray for her therapy and her therapists as they come into our home and work with her. Allow us to minister to them as well and for us to use this as a chance to be a light if need be or to encourage the body of Christ even more. Also continued prayer for her right arm as it heals. Pray that we will hear good news at the end of February and she can get that cast off.

Dad-Pray that he continues to rest and take time to heal himself. He is back to working full speed ahead and I know he may not say he is exhausted but he must be. Pray that he is able to also sleep through the night as well. I know he helps Mom when she needs help during the night but it would be wonderful if they could both have one undisturbed night. Also continue to lift his spirits and allow him to feel encouraged and to see the progress instead of the road ahead.

Mimi-Thank God for my Mimi! I know she is tired and mentally and emotionally exhausted too but thank goodness she is able to care for her own daughter. Pray that she stays well and strong so she can continue to stay a few more weeks. I know she must be so drained at her age having to be a caretaker but pray that she is encouraged to stay just a few more weeks until Mom can at least feed herself and ease into daily routines.

I will stay home again this weekend. Pray that I take advantage of the hours in the day and rest. I need to do a few things around my apt, run errands, and most importantly buy some new running shoes!! I got a race to run in March.

Philippians 4:6 (New International Version)

6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment