Thursday, January 15, 2009

Updated Requests

Here are a few requests and a praise!

First and foremost-Mom went to the Neurosurgeon on Tuesday and the appointment went really well. She does not have to wear the hard neck collar in the shower, which makes things easier and she can feel 100% clean. She needs to wear it any other time when she is sitting up and the soft collar at night when she sleeps, until her next appointment in March. She was approved for OT therapy and has already had her first in home session. The doctor seemed to think that the nerve in her arm/bicep area that is connected to her C5 vertebrae will return. However, it may take up to a year and year and half to see any improvement.

I think this is an answer to prayer and also allows us to ask for patience as we wait for the nerve to come back to life!

Psalm 40:1 "I waited patiently for the Lord, and He inclined to me and heard my cry"

Continue to pray for healing of her broken wrist and overcoming her cough/cold. I think the medicine now makes her stomach a bit unsettled and without going into detail this causes some issue with going to the bathroom and having to rely on others to care for you.

I know both my parents are experiencing all the emotions that go through suffering this kind of injury and incident. Guilt, sadness, humiliation, depression, etc and I am grateful they are together to comfort each other but I also want them to see brighter days ahead.

Dad had his first full day of work yesterday, as always both my sister and I think he pushes himself too much but pray that he gets the needed rest he requires for full healing.

Also my sister was suppose to come home this weekend with her daughter, Maddie, but Robbie's grandmother, Gigi, passed away yesterday. She suffered from Alzheimer's and had her 3rd stroke and her little body just could not recover from it. She is fully restored now! Pray for travel safety for Robbie and his family as they fly to Alabama for the funeral. Amy will now stay in North Carolina with the kids.

I'll update a bit more later.

Philippians 1:3-6 (New International Version)

Thanksgiving and Prayer
3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, Thanks for putting prayers in for Robbie's family. Also thanks for being a terrific sister. You mean so much to me.

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I, along with Amy, thank you so much for your prayers for my Mother and Robbie and Becky's "Gigi". It has been a long battle with her disease, but she is finally made whole again and I'm sure rejoicing at seeing her husband and daughter again. We are sad that this has not allowed Amy to go to Covington, but very grateful that you will be able to get some much needed rest.
    Love to all, Cathy (Robbie's Mom)

    ReplyDelete