Thursday, January 15, 2009

Restore My Soul



This is my infamous cat, Kitty Lynn in her new bed she got at Christmas. It is probably a little small for her large 14lb frame. Anyways, I have learned nothing from her except how to sleep. She is special for oh so many reasons and she alone deserves her own blog. However, if there is one thing she has taught me it is that she needs her sleep. I have come home from work and found her in the exact same spot I left her in that morning. I was home for a week with the flu last year and she and I slept all day. That's just what she does.

She has suffered only minimally while I have been going back and forth each weekend but I doubt she lost any sleep over it. I, on the other hand, am exhausted.

As you read earlier, my sister was going to come down but circumstances beyond our control have come into play with Robbie's grandmother and her passing away. Which really is a blessing-she definitely knows her Heavenly Father and can fully remember all her loved ones as they honor her this weekend. Needless to say, if my sister was going home then I was going to take advantage of the weekend off and rest.

I have gone back and forth with the idea of going instead or staying. Every time I think I want to stay I start to get emotional just thinking about not seeing my parents. The very thought that I could have lost either of them in this accident makes me want to spend as much time as possible with them. If it made any sense to quit my job right now and move back to Georgia to be with them and care for them I certainly would.

I finally talked to my Dad and we both thought it best for me to stay in Alabama this weekend and really rest. I am still torn with the thought of not driving to Covington tomorrow but if I want to be worth anything I need to stay.

In fact just this week I stumbled upon a devotional that talked about just that.

The LORD] makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul.
-Psalm 23:23 (NRSV)

I will take the advice of Kitty Lynn this week and simply rest and allow God to restore my soul.

A special thank you to Anne Spillers for being available to run some much needed items to my Mom today! I don't think it was a coincidence that you at the grocery store when I called, I think it was God! Little moments like that make me realize He is always around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment