Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Update



This was taken in Jan 1968 according to the Polaroid's caption on the side. My parents got married on September 17, 1967 so it appears this was their first tree in the background. It isn't too Charlie Brown and when you see their faces they don't really care one way or another if their tree is pretty or not-they are irrevocably in love. They are still in love and probably more so 41 years later.

I'm gonna be a complete mess tomorrow when Dad finally gets to see Mom. I will have to take 3 boxes of kleenex to the hospital-one for each of us. You know what come to think of it, despite my physical exhaustion and emotional state of mind-this will be our best Christmas. I hate that my sister won't be there until after Christmas. Although, I know she is so happy that she is a part of this family and that her family is still whole and complete minus a few bumps and bruises.

I read a pretty good Psalm yesterday in the midst of my pity party. Psalms 55. I love that David was so honest with God and that God listened and responded. It's a pretty intense cry to God-I put some excerpts below. My favorite is the last line of the chapter!

1 Listen to my prayer, O God,
do not ignore my plea;

2 hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught

3 at the voice of the enemy,
at the stares of the wicked;
for they bring down suffering upon me
and revile me in their anger.

4 My heart is in anguish within me;
the terrors of death assail me.

5 Fear and trembling have beset me;
horror has overwhelmed me.

6 I said, "Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest-

7 I would flee far away
and stay in the desert;

8 I would hurry to my place of shelter,
far from the tempest and storm."

16 But I call to God,
and the LORD saves me.

17 Evening, morning and noon
I cry out in distress,
and he hears my voice.
22 Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall.

23 ...But as for me, I trust in you.

God heard us, our cry for help, he heard our cries before we even existed and sent his only son down to earth on Christmas to ultimately save us. He has heard me, hears me and will always hear me. I daily am learning to let go and cast my cares on Him and TRUST.

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Dear, dear Adams family...Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! You have been and will continue to be in our prayers. I will come to see you soon. Love and (gentle hugs), Rosalyn

    ReplyDelete