Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday's Update

"Tears are the safety valve of the heart when too much pressure is laid on it" Albert Smith-English Author

My Dad and Mom have always said this quote to me since I was a little girl. Probably when I broke up with my first boyfriend, Jimbo-ha only in Conyers right.

They moved my Mom to a regular room on the Neuro floor last night. I have yet to talk to her or one of her nurses. I have her room number but I am afraid to call because she could be sleeping or how can she even answer the phone with no functioning arm at this point. I may try to call later today or at least try the nurses station.

Dad sounded like he was doing good this morning and I think each day he improves. His cousin works in Athens so she went to visit Mom and when they started talking about my Dad, my Mom started to cry. In a weird way this seems like good news to both Amy and me. I haven't seen my Mom cry since the accident. She almost was too in shock, or too out of it to even cry. She saw me and Amy cry multiple times in front of her and she didn't even blink once. I knew she was either in too much pain or not aware of the severity of the situation to cry. So if Mom is crying then maybe Mom is getting better.

Weird to think about it but to have Mom cry used to worry me. I would think she was dealing with depression, upset or even angry but now having Mom cry seems like a step towards more healing.

Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted"

Today God hears my Mom's cries and He will comfort her.

I think she may go to a rehab floor at St. Mary's-not sure when but even if she is there over Christmas my parents will see each other. Can you imagine it would be the first Christmas in over 41 years of marriage that they would miss?! They have to see each other. The picture I posted is of them at Christmas when they were dating in the mid 1960's. Dad gave Mom a sweetheart chest-it's still in our house today. You can see the stocking on the right side filled with goodies. I hope this Christmas my family will be like that stocking and be filled with joy and rejoice in the good news from their recovery and our Savior's birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment