Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Miracles Do Happen

I have been thinking a lot lately about the fact that Jesus' ministry was not only teaching people but also healing people. He raised a dead man, healed the blind and deaf, cured those with terminal illness, cast out demons and even caused those that were lame to walk.

Today Mom has been approved for another 7 days of rehab. I saw on the charts before I left St. Mary's last weekend that she was scheduled for January 9th as her release date. I know she doesn't want to stay that long but if she requires that much time for full recovery then by all means we want her to stay.

Amy and her family are at my parents house this week. I am happy that Dad is surrounded by so much love-Amy, Robbie, Maddie, Trathen and even Jackson the dog. I also hope he rests as much as he needs and doesn't over due it.

Mom is schedule to have nerve conduction tests today on that left arm. I asked Blake and he said it is where the neurosurgeon will apply electrodes on her arm to determine any response. Or at least that is how I understood it to mean. They are afraid of cutting down the cast on her right arm too soon because they want that right arm to completely heal first.

Jesus healed those that had the faith to believe. In Mark 2-Jesus healed the lame man. Four men carried their friend who was lame on a mat and cut a hole in the roof and lowered him in. Jesus saw their faith and he was healed.

In Matthew 9:18-26 a woman with a blood disease reached out and touched Jesus cloak just to feel His power and she was immediately healed. Jesus said, "Take heart your faith has healed you."

The list goes on and so do the miracles.

Today join me in having faith like the lame man and his friends or the woman with the blood disease and let us reach out and touch the same power that is offered by Jesus and ask for complete mobility and movement to my Mom's left arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment