Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday Afternoon Update

I talked to Mom today!

I was on my lunch break and Amy called me and said-call Mom in her room. Ann (my Dad's sister) is in there and she will hold the phone to Mom's ear. Her voice has never sounded so comforting to me. I was so happy to hear her little voice when she said hello.

She was alert and aware of what was going on. She even mentioned how she was probably saying some crazy things last week when she was on the morphine. I told her that she kept talking about how Blake wanted to eat 4 pound shrimp. Which really isn't all that crazy if you know Blake but still it didn't make much sense in the context of things.

Anyways-it sounds like we have started the long journey of recovery. Mom may move down to the fourth floor which is the rehab facility at St. Mary's. It should be a good place considering it's the same hospital that works with UGA athletes.

Friday cannot come fast enough so I can head home and see them both!

Exodus 15:26b "For I am the Lord who heals you!"

1 comment:

  1. wow! how we take that for granted. so glad you got to hear your mom's voice.

    prayers.

    HH

    ReplyDelete