Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday's Update

Today was my second first day of work. Everyone has been so kind and thoughtful. I have already called my dad twice this morning. Each time I hear his voice I start to cry a little. I also talked to the nurse and mom had a good night and was getting her breakfast. I hate thinking that someone else has to feed her. I wish it could be me or my sister or a family member. She must feel so helpless not being able to use her arms. Not only that but hello..we’re Italian we use our hands when we talk.

I am hoping today she’ll get into a regular room. Yesterday when I left her she had the TV on and had just finished watching the Falcons win in overtime. She said that she wanted something on and football would be a good way to doze in and out. We said she did that anyways on a Sunday. She at least asked to have the TV on-that means her interests are peaking a little.

I got an email from one of the ladies in my parents Sunday school class and every day they have someone visiting Dad this week and bringing food. It is so comforting to see that Dad won’t be alone every day. Also they had a few people going to see Mom too!

This morning I read a little devotional and it was based off this verse:
Luke 2:11 (New International Version)

11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

It was actually amazing to see how the Christmas story is relatable to my own life. Each day Christ is born in our life. When we rely on him in joy, sorrow, pain, fear, confusion, etc.. He is reborn. He has been born to you and me! He is in my life through this process and will be my Savior, Christ the Lord while I hurt and feel scared or alone.

I know this Christmas will be different but all I care about is being with my family and hopefully getting my parents to see each other by Christmas. I wouldn’t ever pick this to happen to me but if it had to happen then maybe Christmas is the perfect time so I can realize that Christ has been born to me, to help me heal and to help my family heal.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers for you all!
    Looking forward to Christmas when I can get out there and bring some cheer and food to you all.

    Thanks for keeping us in the loop!!

    ReplyDelete