Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday's Update

Philippians 4:4 (New International Version)

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

This verse has been rolling around in my head over and over today. I can't make it come out in the tone I know it was meant to be heard though.

My car's check engine light came on today at lunch. Luckily, Blake was free today so he swapped cars with me and took it over to the car place. I had to have a full tune up so of course I just handed over my credit card. I am driving back and forth between Georgia and Alabama so much and then even between Covington and Athens once I get home..so I had to do it.

I just am bummed that it happened now in the midst of all this. I am not out of a car or a days work just out of some money that can be replaced eventually if I manage my budget. Today I haven't cried though-that's a first when it comes to car stuff. I always get frustrated with car stuff. I just think today has been the first day that my attitude has been bad though.

I felt like saying to God-You have got to be kidding me! Really? My car. But then a verse that I read last week and the week before that about Mom and Dad popped into my head-Rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS. My heart isn't quite in the right place yet but I know that I have to loosen my grip on things I can't control and Rejoice.

I have two parents who are ALIVE. My Mom is finally in rehab and hopefully one step closer to home. And now on the bright side I have a car that is tuned up and will run well on my way home Wednesday.

Again I say Rejoice!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,

    It's Sherry from your Journey Group at Dawson. I wanted to send a message to let you know that we are praying for you and are here for support if you need anything at all. Yesterday, Tim led the 9:40 service in the chapel and spoke of this same concept, and how hard it is to look at the bright side and rejoice in times of trouble.

    Thank you for being an encouragement to us all! I really admire your strength.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete